Thursday, July 16, 2009

life is a learning process....

i like that no matter what i do each day i get to learn something new. Sometimes its super profound and sometimes its simple things i tend to forget easily. The other day i was talking with some friends at work and just appreciating that i get to be a part of this ministry. It's really neat, being able to work in community and know that people genuinely care about your life.

Here's a cool verse that a four year old got for me yesterday during worship. (yes, a four year old hears the voice of God too.) God is good.

We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command, but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. This old command is the message you have heard. Yet I am writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and you, because the darkness is passing and true light is already shining.

1 John 2.3-8

The verse my friend got for me specifically was verse 6, but i wasn't quite sure what that meant, so i read the portion above and below and got challenged.
Its simple, but difficult at the same time.
God's been challenging me on what my relationship looks like with Him and how i don't need to be a certain way or do a certain thing, that i simple need to be with him. Talking with him and listening to him and learning from Him.
Sometimes i learn through nature, sometimes through strangers, sometimes through friends, sometimes from the word, and sometimes just from God.

I like that i get to be friends with the creator of the universe, that i get to let him hold my hands and my heart, that i can trust him wholeheartedly, even when things get rough. That i can voice my opinions to Him freely and not have to be afraid of hurting His feelings, because its His desire to hear what's on my mind and heart. (even though He already knows, He likes hearing it straight from my mouth). I'm thankful that He cares for me. I was talking with a friend last night about Jesus and How he cares. He loves me sure, but he likes me too, and he deeply cares about my well being. He cares about me spiritually, mentally, physically in every way. He wants good things for me.
Here's a verse someone gave me in my phase 2 last spring.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8.28

i really hate this verse sometimes, because i don't always believe in God's goodness. But i'm working on it and being challenged everyday by God's truth. That He loves me and has never let me down, in every aspect of my life God has been there. And i KNOW that He is good, but i have to believe it at the same time, my heart has to register that thought too...its getting there though, slowly & surely.

Here are the verses above this, which helps me like the 28th more....

In the same way, the Spririt helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Romans 8.26 & 27


This helps me because God cares enough to have someone on my side when things go bad. When things get tough, i'm not alone, even if i don't have anyone here with me i'm not alone. And that is comforting.


Anyway. i just thought i'd share some stuff i am thinking about this morning.

Thanks for reading this.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment